Table of Contents
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), hiring Scientist-B, a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India, is the National Standards Body of India and is responsible for activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking of Gold/Silver Jewellery, Laboratory Testing etc., in the country. BIS is also responsible for Standardization and Certification at the International level. BIS offers excellent career opportunities to bright, young dynamic persons for the post of Scientist-‘B’ in the specified disciplines and categories. These posts are in the Pay Level 10 as per the Seventh Central Pay Commission plus allowances as applicable. The gross emoluments at the time of joining will be approximately Rs 1,02,501/- at Delhi at present.
|Post Name||Scientist – B (Textiles)|
|Pay Level||Pay Level 10 as per the Seventh Central Pay Commission|
|Gross Salary||Rs 1,02,501/- at Delhi|
|Vacancy||04 (UR-01, OBC-01, SC-01, EWS-01)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent with not less than sixty per cent marks in aggregate [fifty per cent for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes]|
|GATE Score||Having valid GATE* score of 2021/2022/2023. The GATE score must be valid as on 12.05.2023 (closing date of application).|
|Corresponding GATE Paper and its Code||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)|
|Age Limit||The candidates must be between 21-30 years of age as on closing date of application i.e, as on 12.05.2023.|
|Last date to apply online||12-May-2023|
|Probation Period||2 years|
|Posting||Anywhere in India|
|BIS Contact Detailsemail@example.com|
|BIS Official Website||BIS Recruitment Notification|
|BIS Online Apply Link||GATE 2023 Website|
How to Apply ?
- Read the BIS official recruitment notification carefully.
- Go to online apply link.
- Fill the online application form and upload relevant documents.
- Shortlisting: The shortlisting of candidates for Personal Interview will be based on the valid score of GATE 2021, GATE 2022 or GATE 2023, as may be applicable. Short-listing of candidates for Personal Interview will be done in order of merit of valid GATE Scores.
- Personal Interview: Only the Short Listed candidates will be called for Personal Interview. Number of candidate to be called for interview will not be higher than 4 times the number of vacancies in the concerned discipline & category.
- Final Selection: Candidates shall be selected discipline wise on the basis of merit as determined by the aggregate marks obtained by giving eighty-five percent (85%) weightage to GATE Score and 15 percent (15%) weightage to the marks obtained in interview
Frequently Asked Questions | FAQs
What is the pay scale of Scientist B in BIS?
Pay Level 10 as per the Seventh Central Pay Commission | Gross salary Rs 1,02,501/- at Delhi.
Is BIS a government job?
BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India. It is responsible for the development, promotion, and enforcement of standards in various sectors such as industrial, electrical, chemical, food, and agricultural products, among others.
How do you become a BIS scientist?
You need to appear for GATE exam, based on GATE exam score and your educational qualification, you need to apply for BIS recruitment process.
Is BIS a govt job or private?
BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) is a government job. BIS is a statutory body under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India, and is responsible for the development, promotion, and enforcement of standards in various sectors in India.
Can a student in final year of essential qualification degree apply?
No, the result should have been declared on or before 12 th May 2023.
What is the age limit and what is the cut-off date for age limit?
The upper age limit is 30 years as on 12th May 2023.