Fibre structure plays an important role in the fabric and yarn property as many fibre properties are described below which gives impact-
- Cover-The ability to occupy space for protection,reasons of cover are crimp,twist and cross sectional shape of fibre.It gives warmth in fabric.
- Cohesiveness-The ability of fibre to cling together during spinning.Cohesiveness may come due to crimp or twist.It gives resistance to ravel in fabric.
- Abrasion resistance-The ability of a fibre to withstand the rubbing or abrasion it gets in every use.it is due to tough outer layer,scales,fibre toughness and flexible molecular chains.It gives fabric durability,abrasion resistance and resistance to splitting
- Absorbency,Moisture regain-Moisture in fibre is due to hydroxyl group and amorphous areas.This gives comfort,warmth,water repellency,absorbency,dyeability and wrinkle resistance to fabric.
- Elastic recovery-The ability of fibres to recover from strain.The reasons of the elastic recovery are cross linkage,molecular structure,side chains and strong bonds.It gives processability and resiliency to the fabric.
- Elasticity-The ability of stretched material to return on its original size,it is due to molecular structure and it gives delayed elasticity to fabric.
- Electeric conductivity-.It is ability to transfer electric charges.it is due to polar groups and chemical structure of the fibre.
- Lusture-It is the light reflected from a surface.It is due to fibre smoothness,fibre length,flat shape.it gives lusture and shine to the fabric.
(Our faculty team keeps uploading latest study material as per current GATE exam. Please keep visiting our website for latest updates.)