Office of Development Commissioner Handloom, under Ministry of Textiles, in partnership with StartUp India and Invest India has announces cash prizes worth INR 10,50,000 for winning startup ideas. They are inviting innovative, cost-effective solutions for developing technologically upgraded handlooms which can provide better quality handloom products with reduced stress/drudgery for weavers during handloom weaving.
The eligible candidates for this Handloom StartUp Idea challenge are as below:
1. Entrepreneurs, Students of IIHTs and other educational Institutions/Universities, Innovators, researchers across India.
2. Companies incorporated under the Companies Act 1956/2013, primarily a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) as defined in the MSMED Act, 2006.
3. Any company registered as a Start-up, as defined, and recognized by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India and the majority stake (more than 51%) of the applicant entity must be held in India.
About the StartUp Challenge
Increase in the handloom productivity and reduction of stress in weaving on handloom through innovative & cost effective loom development.
Increasing Productivity- Typically the average speech of handloom ranges from 60-72 picks per minute. Suitable changes in design and mechanism of handloom need to be explored for increasing its speed without changing its nature i.e. 3 primary motions (shredding, picking & beating) will be operated manually only, to qualify the product as handloom.
Reducing Stress of weavers- Need to explore the possibility of stress/ drudgery reduction of weavers in the operation of handloom particularly while weaving heavy fabric using coarse yarns by suitable changes in the design and mechanism of handlooms without changing its primary nature.
1. Three cash prizes of INR 3,00,000, INR 2,00,000 & INR 1,00,000 for top 3 winners (1st ,2nd & 3rd) respectively from amongst the participants.
2. Three consolation prizes of INR 75,000 for any 3 Startups selected by team of Jury/experts.
3. Three consolation prizes of INR 75,000 for any 3 participants other than Startups selected by the team of jury/experts.
Note: Cash Prizes will be shared only on the jury’s discretion.
|Theme of Challenge||Handloom, Textiles and Apparel|
|Hosting Organisation||StartUp India|
|Contact Person||Sana Dewan|
|Support Email IDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Last Date to receive Application Entry||07-Sept-2022|
|Application Result Date||31-Oct-2022|
How to Apply ?
1. Go to StartUp India website by clicking here.
2. Read all the scheme related information given in StartUp India portal carefully.
3. Fill all the details and upload required documents.
4. Follow the instructions given in the portal and in case of any query please contact the StartUp India helpline.
Frequently Asked Questions ?
What is the last date to submit the Handloom startup ideas ?
You can submit your handloom startup ideas up to 04-Sept-2022.
What is the prize money for this Handloom startup challenge ?
1. INR 3,00,000, INR 2,00,000 & INR 1,00,000 for top 3 winners (1st ,2nd & 3rd) respectively.
2. Three consolation prizes of INR 75,000 for any 3 Startups selected.
3. Three consolation prizes of INR 75,000 for any 3 participants other than Startups.
I am an student, can I apply for this StartUp competition ?
YES, students can apply for this competition, you don’t need degree for participation.